22/04/2008

7th Daynion, Seption I

Life as a couple begin with Lucie. We both take our habits and try to know each other step by step.

Photo_1

Lucie stay so shy, even with me. However, I do everything for her to feel comfy. She just seems not to believe what's happening to us. We both lived war so it's hard to believe that positive things could happen after that. However, I can't stop to tell her how I love her.

Photo_2

I sing elven songs to her and she seems to adore that, she even laugh a lot about it. I begin to teach her a few elven words. Today, she learnt the word "song" : "lindë". I can't believe at this never ending happiness. But I must thing at my lineage for this is my goal on this island.

Photo_3

There are very strict rules on Seagull Island. They have been voted to limit people's expansion and number of children. There are a lot of refugees here and the island mustn't be overpopulated. One of the first rules says that only one wedding per daynion is allowed on the whole island. As I work at the city hall, I was able to look at the register. We could marry today. Nobody would think to marry oneself at the eve of a new sevnion ! We had to take the occasion. For without marriage, there were no kids ! On child per sevnion was authorised and I couldn't wait any longer !

Photo_4

So, I officially asked her to be my wife. Among our people, wedding is called "vesta". Lucie was so touched. Our dreams were becoming true and a new lineage would soon begin.

Since Lucie lives here, nobody was coming to clean the house. She managed to hire a new maid called Anthony Deschamps. He comes every day by now.

Photo_5

He's so helpful, especially during this daynion where we are working on our wedding. But unlike all brides who prefer to talk about dresses and cakes with their girl friends, Lucie was a very wise woman. In spite of our saving, we still needed to make more money so we could be prosperous.

Photo_6

Lucie decided herself into an army career. I was so afraid, seeing her taking such a decision while we where beginning to live together. But she had to prove herself she was good at something. She needed to fight to struggle with her past, for her parents that dyed at war. Of course, Seagull Island's army was only a defensive army. If there was no point to fight in that conflict that was destroying our world, it was primordial that we kept the peace on this island. Her work was truly appreciated and she was promptly promoted to the elite unit.



Even if Lucie worked in the army, she stayed a sensible woman.

Photo_7

Before our wedding, she took time for a good bath and make-up while our new furnitures were delivered in the bedroom. She wanted to give the house her touch.


Photo_8

For my part, I did prefer light colours like white and blue... But Lucie did like darker wooden furnitures and what's the point of living as a couple if you can't do compromises ? I wanted her to feel herself home at Ampano Thôn. After all, it was her home now. But with her work, the planning of our wedding and the furnitures removal, she was truly tired.

Photo_9

After making her up and wearing her bride's dress, after cooking the wedding cake and decorated the garden with balloons, she finally had a nap in her new blue armchair. She finally woke up at the end of the afternoon, exactly when I came back from work. When she came to greet me with her beautiful dress on I briefly believed it was an elven woman who was standing in front of me.

Photo_10

This bride dress was breath-taking and the woman inside was quite beautiful too ! I could stop but to compliment her but she interrupted me.

Photo_11

"Arthur, it's very nice from you to show so much affection towards me but I won't leave, you know ? You needn't tell me how much you find I'm pretty every minute of a day."

"Don't humans do that too ?"

"Not as much. And if you do continue, I'll became so self-confident that you won't stand with me anymore." she said, giggling nervously.


We were ready for the wedding, the "vesta" in my language.

Photo_12

At nightfall, I came under a flowered arch with Lucie at my side and I asked her :

"Lucie Duval, do you want to become my wife ?"

"I do." she said, becoming Lucie Paris.

Photo_13

Their was no guest nor witnesses at our wedding. We were just together, in communion with nature and stars. It was a magic moment and I was sure I would remember this night for all my life.

I had asked Lucie to cook a wedding cake.

Photo_14

It was an elven tradition that one ate some sugar thing the day of one's wedding. To bring you some luck or something like that. Lucie did cook a wonderful cake, she was a wonderful cook !

Photo_15

In our culture, woman were adulated and respected so she was the first to have a taste of the cake she cooked with so many care. I felt she wasn't used about so many attentions but for me, she was a goddess. Who could have believed that I fell in love with a woman that was not an elf ? So it was.

"In every elven family, each time a new household is founded, we're used to find it a currency. I thought about it all day long at work and that's what I wrote for us : Nosse eladlië lemba eo tunda, irimar, thalion. Alya ñolwe eralmàrea. »

"What doest it mean ? Except for irimar that means beautiful, I didn't catch a word. I really must improve my elfic !" she said, laughing.

"It means : The family of elves and men should eternally stay great, beautiful and strong. Prosperous and wises, unique and blessed."


"Oh, Arthur, that's so beautiful !"


Photo_16

"I think that our children will have to learn that currency. At last the end ... a ... alya, ñolwe ..." she said.


" ... eralmàrea." I added. "We still have a few hours left before we think about a child. Then we will have to wait for the next sevnion. Why not ... ?"


"Of course, you idiot ! It's called the wedding night in our world ! And you needn't ask your wife's permission for that !"

Photo_17

As I was kissing her, I thought that I had so many things to learn about men's culture. As Lucie had so many things to learn about elven culture. We were a family now, a mixed-up family, a weird family, but still a family, rich with its differences and it's two cultures.

Photo_18

Five minutes before midnight rang in the night from the city hall's clock, our wedding was consummated. If Lucie was pregnant tonight of all nights, this could be nothing but a good sign for future. Alya ñolwe, eralmàrea. That was a good description for our future children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, they make such a great couple. I'm glad he found her, and might I say, her make-over looks great. Much better than what she had before.

I hope she's pregnant, and I hope the baby has those cute elf ears.

J-manandsimsrule said...

Yes, they are a great couple as Taryn said. Say when will you be next updating?